As a small company, Brian Hewlett LLC has few full time positions but we realize that as our important work continues and we grow, the best way to do that is to offer positions that open up to those who have shown they understand the business and have contributed to our cause. So we have fashioned a number of Internships that we are offering in the Summers, Spring, and Fall that allow students and non-students to join our ranks and take on duties that are important for our current operations.
Brian Hewlett LLC Internships are supervised by professionals on-site and academic professionals, if you are affiliated with a school. Although our internships are unpaid, they provide hands-on experience that:
Gets Your Feet Wet
Internships are a proven way to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience while establishing important connections in the field. Internships are also a way to get your feet wet and find out if a specific field is something you could see yourself doing full-time.
Helps You Get Future Funding Or College Credit
Some colleges offer funded internships for students that have some unpaid experience. Check with your college to see if they offer a funded internship program that may help to meet the requirements of your college curriculum while offering experiences that employers seek when hiring new college graduates for entry-level jobs. If your college will fund your internship work with us, we will be happy to work with you to make that happen. Many foundations and organizations also offer financing to college students based on different types of work. If you find one that is interested in funding work you will be potentially performing with us via an internship, we encourage you to write or call them to see if they provide funding for college students seeking to do internships in your field.
Helps You Get A Job
Internships and volunteer experiences make candidates more competitive in the job market. In addition to gaining exposure and experience in the field, they also provide an opportunity to see if the particular career field is the right one based on getting personal experience in the field. No matter what opportunities you engage in, it’s important to maintain professionalism and take on the individual responsibility that is required.
Gives You The Recommendations You Need
By doing a great job with us or completing more than what is required of you in your internship, you will be creating mentor/mentee relationships and a great impression that can provide a great reference in the long run that will yield recommendation letters or potentially set the stage that will lead to a potential job offer. If you leave our organization at the end of the internship, we will do everything we can to make sure you receive a recommendation letter that you can keep on file for future reference but we hope that your experience will lead to a situation that will provide you continued work with us.
Provides A Learning Experience
Internships are a great way to learn the ropes so no matter what part you end up playing with us, as long as you‘re learning about the field take advantage of the opportunity and don’t take the experience lightly. Our internships are designed to give you experience in multiple areas to make you more marketable. We are looking for candidates that can keep themselves flexible throughout the internship experience to learn more things that can open as many doors as possible for them.
Summer 2018 Internships Possibilities
- Help develop and execute innovative covert marketing campaigns associated with company projects that integrate social media in an effort to build online networks.
- Assist with the pull and push of information through social media that engages organically forming online networks and encourages interaction that will generate responses and offer other information that will help formulate content.
- Assist in the administration of online crowd funding campaigns and work with the staff in the overt courting of sponsors who will be providing financial and material resources at various stages of the production project.
- Maintain records on resource contributions.
- Assist with the development of alternative currency models to be used and/or promoted by the company.
- Collaborate with the company staff on preparing materials for various events.
- Help facilitate events by taking on various duties necessary for their operations.
- Take leading roles in the design and organization of the events that include managing volunteers and other operations.
Media Content/Social Media Assistant
- Helpw develop, implement and manage social media strategy.
- Works with the Marketing & Promotions Manager to continually increase loyalty and engagement via Social Media.
- Helps manage and actively follow Social Media and other digital marketing methods and integrate new ideas and methods into approaches relative to company events.
- Interact with potential and previous festival goers in real time on various social media platforms.
- Assist with the creation of content for various social networking sites.
- Participate in the development of strategies designed to meet festival goals.
- Stay abreast of and report on trends and best practices related to festival social media.
- Collect and write content to be associated with the company’s social media outlets.
Mobile App and Web Development Assistant
- Assist in designing mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and mobile web for the parent company and related projects.
- Based on an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, assist parent company and related projects in understanding new user technologies.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile and web platform.
- Collaborate with Marketing and other cross-functional design related teams.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Maintain awareness of trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in real world contexts.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Break design problems down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Be enrolled in a college or university preferably with the ability to obtain credit for internship participation.
- Tech Savvy
- Knowledge of Production Basics
- Flexible hours
- Hard Worker/Self-starter
- Ability to accomplish tasks autonomously, with occasional check-ins
- Organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Interested in a career in Film, Television, or broadcasting on any form of media
- Personal Vehicle preferred, but NOT REQUIRED
- Interested in using traditional media to connecting with people
- Desire to be artistically creative through radio, television, film and internet media
- Familiar and Confident with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo, and other social media
- Passionate about working with other creative people
- Possess a natural flair for humor
- Honest, hardworking, punctual, well presented and professional when necessary
- Characterized by good grammar, communication skills, and an excellent verbal and written command of the English and other languages
- Quick-thinking and very detail-oriented
Internships will involve duties and responsibilities across two or more of the described duty areas noted above.
Click the link to the Internship Possibility above that interests you to see the full description. Either send an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the web internship form below that will help you describe why you are perfect for the position in which you are interested. You should attach a single page resume reflecting your relevant experience and a short cover letter highlighting particular aspects of that experience in relation to the position description provided either by email or via the form. You should also include links to your social media profiles to indicate your level of social media proficiency.
With its headquarters in Denver, Colorado, Brian Hewlett is a Limited Liability Company with 3 divisions. The overall company acts as a division that focuses on education and training through the L.I.F.E. Lessons brand while the Wild Wild West Festivals division focuses on event development and management and its LTB Booking & Promotions books talent and venues it represents along with managing, developing desired image for, and promoting talent. As an LLC, Brian Hewlett is a for profit venture that was founded in Arizona it was recently moved to Denver, CO so that along with its partners can continue consulting community industries to stimulate local resource based economies that are focused on putting more valuable resources in the hands of community members. Through it’s overall consulting operations and its Wild Wild West Festivals, LTB Booking and Promotions, and L.I.F.E. Lessons divisions, the Limited Liability Company services its communities by producing events based on collaboration and cooperation that re-use, recycle, and re-purpose materials from hosting communities and foster other sustainable systems. The company also works with local land owners and non-profit agents to revitalize spaces, which the community is encouraged to re-dedicate to using in ways that previously benefited local artists and musicians or to commit to new uses of spaces that will help educate community members in terms of music, art, and sustainability through transformational experiences.